DIGITAL MARKETING COORDINATOR (permanent full-time)
Do you love books and reading? Are you the kind of person who likes to share your favourite books with others? Do you gravitate toward other people who love books? Then consider joining our dynamic publishing team as a Digital Marketing Coordinator.
Nimbus Publishing is Atlantic Canada’s largest English-language publisher. Nimbus produces approximately fifty new print books a year (as well as ebooks and audiobooks) on a range of subjects relevant to the Atlantic Provinces— children’s picture books and fiction, literary non-fiction, social and cultural history, nature photography, current events, biography, sports, and cultural issues. Nimbus also does distribution for numerous Atlantic publishers, making the company the biggest book distributor on the east coast of Canada. Nimbus is located in the north end of Halifax.
Nimbus Publishing & Vagrant Press is currently seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator to spread the word about Atlantic Canadian authors, illustrators and other book creators to a variety of loyal and newfound book-loving accounts across Atlantic Canada, and beyond.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will also support the development of creative campaigns designed to promote and market all books published by Nimbus and its distributed clients. To support publishing business initiatives for Atlantic Canada’s greatest publishing brands.
You’ll report to the General Manager.
- Plan, manage, and execute the content calendar for social media, website, and newsletter to promote books and events of varying genres and magnitudes
- Create compelling content and copy in a timely fashion that will maximize branding, engagement, and conversions
- Identify KPIs and track campaign analytics to gauge its effectiveness, providing insights and recommendations to the team and making changes where necessary
- Execute paid search and display campaigns on social, Google, and Amazon
- Coordinate online catalogue design and distribution
- Create clean metadata and enhanced materials for both front list and back list book titles
- Managing the flow of information and metadata for the external aggregators and partners, as well as distributed publishers
- Troubleshooting technical issues on the website, liaising with web developers
- Lead the overall digital strategy of a small but fast-paced team
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU
- A self-starter with a decisive attitude who’s able to work with minimal supervision
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented—a bit of a perfectionist
- Enjoy learning and using new digital tools and concepts
- Ambitious and enthusiastic about promoting Atlantic Canadian stories and art to new and niche audiences
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness of Atlantic Canadian content and current events
- Flexible to accept frequent changes and unexpected circumstances
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- Education or experience in the book industry preferred
- Familiarity with a wide variety of social media platforms as well as email marketing platforms is required
- Photography or videography skills would be an asset
- Strong writing, analytical, communication and project management skills
- Experience with WordPress or e-commence websites is required
- Knowledge of XML, HTML, CSS preferred
- SEO experience or knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of best practices in taxonomy, UX, and information architecture would be an asset
- Working knowledge of Excel, advanced knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of various technical and creative software programs would be an asset
- Google Analytics and Adwords knowledge would be an asset
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Health and dental
- RRSP program
- Book discounts and credits
- Continuous training and yearly conferences
- We value work-life balance as well as the importance of mental health: Free yoga, monthly massage days, casual Fridays, and office dogs!
Nimbus encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. We are committed to providing accommodations in all aspects of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To find out more about Nimbus Publishing, visit Nimbus.ca. Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and covering letter to Terrilee Bulger, General Manager at tbulger(AT)nimbus.ca by December 18, 2020, 5 pm AT.